- Buttermere Cottage accommodates 2 persons, Crummock Cottage 4 persons and Loweswater Cottage 6 persons. One baby maximum per cottage. Visitors by arrangement only.
- Bookings are from Saturday to Saturday.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome by arrangement at the time of booking: there is a small pet charge.
- The cottage is available from 4pm on the first Saturday and must be vacated by 10am on the last day. We reserve the right to vary these times if necessary in order to facilitate Covid-19-related cleaning requirements.
- Bookings are confirmed when a deposit of 25% of the rent is received together with a fully completed booking form. Payment can be made either by cheque or online banking. The balance of the rent is due six weeks before the commencement of your holiday without reminder. Once a booking is confirmed by me in writing or by email a contract is then deemed to be formed. If you book within six weeks of your holiday the whole rent is required as a condition of booking.
- If, for any reason, access to the property is required during the holiday as much notice as possible will be given.
- The booking is accepted on the understanding that the premises are used for holiday purposes only and the number of the party does not exceed that stated on the booking form.
- If any breakage or damage should occur, payment, not replacement, would be expected.
- The property is to be respected as a non-smoking area.
- The person named on the form is responsible for the group. Children must not be left unsupervised in the property.
- Pets should not be allowed on the furniture and pet blankets must be brought. All reasonable precautions should be taken to prevent pets using the garden/grounds as a toilet and any mess should be cleared immediately. Dogs must not be left unsupervised in the property.
- The client agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition and to leave all furniture and equipment in the same condition as on arrival.
- The client agrees to keep the cottages and grounds of Foulsyke peaceful and tranquil for all to enjoy.
- If Crummockwater Cottages are unable to honour a booking because of UK Government or local restrictions due to Covid-19, credit against a future booking would be offered in the first instance. If this is not suitable a full refund will be given.
- If you can’t legally travel because of restrictions applying to geographic regions of the UK, credit is offered towards a future booking.
- If you can’t travel for personal reasons, including a legal requirement to self-isolate, then you are liable for payment of the full rental on cancellation. You should contact me immediately and I will attempt to re-let the property, at a discount if necessary. If successful I would normally reimburse the amount I receive from rebooking. If I am unable to re-let then I would refund direct costs I would have incurred should the accommodation have been occupied. It is recommended that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
- Where a credit is provided you will be entitled to transfer to suitable alternative dates either in the same year or the following calendar year. The cost of the transferred booking would be at the rate for the week transferred to, and any difference will be payable or refunded, as applicable. Where bookings are transferred to the following year, any annual price increases will not be applied.
Updated January 2021